Wednesday, November 2, 2011

i always hoped for better, thought maybe together we'd find it

heyyy loves, i love the message in this song, love the simplicity of it yet while being the most commonly dreamed lil goal by everyone when they're young..let's just drive away, we'll make it, we'll get jobs, nothing else matters as long as we'll together. i so used to believe in that back when, ha little did i know things don't really work out like that. well before anyway, maybe someday i'll be with someone where that's all that matters for the both of us, provided that time is far away as i love love but not now, not for years ha. anyway, have a good day guys, XoXo enjoy



You've got a fast car, I wanna a ticket to anywhere, Maybe we make a deal
Maybe together we can get somewhere, Any place is better
Starting from zero, got nothing to lose, Maybe we'll make something
Me, myself, I've got nothing to prove
You've got a fast car, I've got a plan to get us out of here
Been working at the convenience store, Managed to save just a little bit of money
Won't have to drive too far, Just cross the border and into the city
You and I can both get jobs, And finally see what it means to be living
See my old man's got a problem, Live with the bottle, that's the way it is
He says his body's too old for working, His body's too young, to look like his
When mama went off and left him, She wanted more from life than he could give
I said somebody's got to take care of him, So I quit school and that's what I did
You've got a fast car, Is it fast enough so we can fly away?
We gotta make a decision, Leave tonight or live and die this way
Say remember when we were driving, driving in your car
Speed so fast it felt like I was drunk, City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped round my shoulder,And I had a feeling that I belonged
I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone
You've got a a fast car, We go cruising entertain ourselves
You still ain't got a job, Now I work in the market as a checkout girl
I know things will get better, You'll find work and I'll get promoted
We'll move out of the shelter, Buy a bigger house and live in the suburbs
Say remember when we were driving, driving in your car
Speeds so fast it felt like I was drunk, City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder
And I had a feeling that I belonged
I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone
You've got a fast car, I've got a job that pays all our bills
You stay out drinking late at the bar, See more of your friends than you do of your kids
I'd always hoped for better, Thought maybe together you and me'd find it
I got no plans and I ain't going nowhere, So take your fast car and keep on driving
Say remember when we were driving, driving in your car, Speeds so fast it felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us, And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder
And I had a feeling that I belonged, I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone
You've got a fast car, Is it fast enough so you can fly away?, You gotta make a decision
Leave tonight or live and die this way..

No comments:

Post a Comment